Thread: Just a list?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a list?

Looking over my profile, I realized that a simple list of gear was a little dry...so, I decided to spice mine up with some pictures.

One conundrum was the first shot, how to take pictures of the cameras - all the cameras, but just the cameras. Think about it... Sure, I could have used my iPhone, or my wife's little waterproof Olympus P&S, but where's the challenge in that? The solution was a self-timer shot with the S95, shot into a mirror, then flipped horizontally in Photoshop.

One more point - for those who have insurance on their gear (and if you don't, you probably should!), having a photo or video record of your gear can come in handy if you should ever need to file a claim.

--John

Re: Just a list?

Just one critique of your pictures John

They are framed to tight, you need more room to photoshop new equipment in as you get it.

Its a very good idea to do. I keep all my receipts and log in everything I buy. If you don't you could loose allot of money in accessories if robbed, and it would be hard to remember every little item. Excelent advice for insurance.

Rick

Wow! I need to find the time to make the list. My kids could be through with college before I add photos.[]

Good point on the insurance John. For that I have the "dry" list with serial numbers (when there is one). I remember my agent mentioning pictures back in my automotive days for my tools. I did take them, but I am sure glad I never needed them.

Chris

Wow I think you have more camera gear than my local store has in stock[:P]

You've got a good point about the insurance photo though. It's not bad to have one [Y]

Ps: the next step is to insert your adress and make full use of your insurance []

Awesome! Now *that* is a list.

Nice list John. I like the content, but I like the order and organisation just as much.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

"and congratulations on all your success. You smell terrific."

Well to take a page from your book (read: steal the idea entirely), i
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos