Thread: C&C - Making Lemonade from some VERY sour lemons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

C&C - Making Lemonade from some VERY sour lemons

Hi All,

Today Philly was on the receiving end of 30'' of fresh powder. Practically nobody could get out, heck my street isn't even getting plowed until tomorrow at noon [:P]

Well, Since there were still some birds (dark-eyed juncos) outside, I makeshift-weatherproofed my camera and 300 f4 using a towel and a LOT of duct tape, built a makeshift "snow-blind), and headed out in the snow! So, making some lemonade (images!!!) from some sour lemons (yeah, 30" of snow [8o|])Here are a few from today: (they aren't nearly as sharp after resizing; how much should I apply??)

both with 7D + 300 f4L IS, f/5.6, 1/250, ISO 320

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3190.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/840x1120/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3209.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/840x1120/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_3242.jpg[/img]

C&C welcome!
    brendan

Re: C&C - Making Lemonade from some VERY sour lemons

This is very sweet lemonade indeed. It would be great if you gave us some more... I particularly liked #3 with the contrasty reds and the snow on the leafs[]. How did you get so close to this guy? Did you bribe him[6]?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Diaz Gimenez

This is very sweet lemonade indeed. It would be great if you gave us some more... I particularly liked #3 with the contrasty reds and the snow on the leafs[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]. How did you get so close to this guy? Did you bribe him[img]/emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]?

thanks!

I was wearing a white jacket and had a white lens in very white weather. Because of this I was able to get unusually close.

here's one more:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.40/IMG_5F00_2899.jpg[/img]

brendan

Great photos! I think the snow really adds something. They look plenty sharp to me.

Nice job and a great way to spend time when you can't go anywhere

Like the berries and the bare branch ones the best. For whatever reason, the picture with just leaves isn't doing anything for me.

Nice exposure, and blur on all of them.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Wow ...these are really nice! I can really see improvement in your photos with each post! Since I don't have any trees in my yard, I'm tempted to go & trim some of the branches off my neighbors treesso I can get better shots at the birds! All I'm getting better at is shooting branches! []

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Wow ...these are really nice! I can really see improvement in your photos with each post! Since I don't have any trees in my yard, I'm tempted to go & trim some of the branches off my neighbors treesso I can get better shots at the birds! All I'm getting better at is shooting branches! [img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

Denise

thanks! I hope I am improving... Can't wait for spring. I like snow because sometimes it's an excuse to go AWOL from work (hehe) but when I'm planning on doing something Snow is a killer.

brendan