Thread: First Shot at Off-Camera Flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Shot at Off-Camera Flash

Maybe a diffuser might have helped with some of the glare on the face? When I did some slight cropping I lost all EXIF info for some reason but I used my 7D, 17-55mm f/2.8 and 580EX II. C&C please. I know it's an odd subject but I'm running out of ideas in my house ...I can't wait until spring!! Thanks, Denise

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_0633_5F00_1A.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_0615_5F00_1A.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_0617_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Re: First Shot at Off-Camera Flash

I must say, your use of off-camera flash has made your subjects look statuesque...it's very odd indeed.

[]

On a serious note, I like the ones where the light spills onto the background. I think the light spillage adds a little more interest to the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I must say, your use of off-camera flash has made your subjects look statuesque...it's very odd indeed.

The people in my house refuse to be my models for anything I post online so it's either statues or my dogs ...can I see a show off hands of people that would love to see endless pictures of my three dogs!! [:P]

Thanks for the comments Sean, that wasn't painful at all ...and coming from you, who I have very high regard for ...I'm smiling! []

Thanks,

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    The people in my house refuse to be my models for anything I post online so it's either statues or my dogs

Check out Saralonde's Worldfor ideas on what to photograph around the house. She's a moderator over at Digital Photography School and an extremely creative home based amatuer photographer. I see she just upgraded to a 7D. She use to shoot everything with a Rebel. She's amazing in the fact that she finds hundreds of things around a home to make photographs with. I've never seen so many self portraits from any one photographer. She's also done the 365 (365photos in 365 days). I've been watching her work for several years because she blogs well too.

Another place to gleen info on off-camera flash is strobist.com. If you didn't already know.

Keep practicing....your doing great!! []

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

Check out Saralonde's Worldfor ideas on what to photograph around the house. She's a moderator over at Digital Photography School and an extremely creative home based amatuer photographer. I see she just upgraded to a 7D. She use to shoot everything with a Rebel. She's amazing in the fact that she finds hundreds of things around a home to make photographs with. I've never seen so many self portraits from any one photographer. She's also done the 365 (365photos in 365 days). I've been watching her work for several years because she blogs well too.

Thanks for the link to Saralonde's World! I just checked out of few of the 365 days ... she could make a great photo out of my toilet paper roll!! I'm looking forward to looking at more of her photos ...very inspiring!

Thanks again,

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    she could make a great photo out of my toilet paper roll!!

It wouldn't suprise me if she did.

So, you have no more excuses to pout about subjects? Right? [:O]

Dennis the first one looks soft on my screen and the light on the back wall is distracting to me. The really like the second one alot. A shot through umbrella might help with the lighting also. Nice work though for your first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes

Dennis the first one looks soft on my screen and the light on the back wall is distracting to me. The really like the second one alot. A shot through umbrella might help with the lighting also. Nice work though for your first time.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You are correct Wes, the first one is more out of focus than I had realized or planned it to be. Thanks for the compliments and yes, an umbrella is on that never ending list of mine!

Denise []