Thread: One of my favorite shots. What do you guys think?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of my favorite shots. What do you guys think?

I haven't usually been one to do the black and white mixed with color, but I thought it came out amazing here. What do you guys think?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.55/IMG_5F00_8527s.jpg[/img]

Re: One of my favorite shots. What do you guys think?

Duude! Awesome! If purple-ly stuff was the theme, then bang on!

Personally I would have cropped it a little closer, the front of the rail/wall is distracting and leads my eye to the front door and away from the bride.

Wedding photography is ALL ABOUT THE BRIDE.

Some color addition to a black and white is good, but this was interesting enough without it.

Personally I would have left the color out and if I was tempted I would have just done the flowers.

Hello LoneSierra!

I think, there are too many objects in focus: people, building, rail, stairs, IMO. My attention is distracted.

Also, the black-skinned people look a bit "dissolved" in the environment.

By the way, I liked your color shots made with your new 70-200 L 2.8 IS.

BR,

Alex.

Nice concept - I really like it!!

A couple of minor technical cleanups may help - the image isn't level (needs ~0.5° CCW rotation, look at the building roof lines and the rail up the middle), would be better with the bottom cropped off (as iND mentioned), and heal/clone the tiny bit of vegetation (?) at the top left.

In fact, the image may benefit even more from a tight, square crop (e.g. 10x10" print). Eliminates the barrel distortion noticeable at the sides, and the vignetting (which could be added back if you want that effect). Maybe too symmetrical, though. What do you think?

Yeah I noticed the lines not being straight. I've since cropped down a little more and straightened it out. It was tough because the stairs and building didn't line up, so something always looked out of place.

It was also upsetting that the other railing had to be there and get in the way. There was noother way to get the shot.If it was in a better spot I'd have removed it.

As far as the croping, I usually don't like 1x1 crops, but it actually doesn't look bad here. I can fix a little distortion, and I added the heavy vignetting just for fun.

Thanks for all the input everyone!