Thread: In need of some tracking/catalogueing help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In need of some tracking/catalogueing help?

Didn't know exactly how to word the question. I've been asked to shoot one of these newly fashionable "mud runs". Does anyone have a suggestion/tip for tracking an individual racer over multiple portions of the course to present the customer without them having to scan through hundreds of images to find themselves? The race coordinator is anticipating between 1000 and 1250 racers. Luckily, it is my understanding that the racers will be running in waves of 50-100 at one time. I told the coordinator that the easiest way was to post to a website a single gallery for each wave of runners, which should drastically cut down on the number of images they would have to look through. Other than that, I'm not sure how to single out an individual so that they see all of their images grouped together. Any thoughts?

I thought I'd update this thread. JRW, you were correct, it was a constant barrage of runners for 4 hours. I ended up having 3 shooters on my team, so we ended up dividing the images posted by obstacles and making an easily scrollable thumbnail page. Anyway, here's a link to a few of the shots I took if anyone is interested. For sure, the obstacles with mud/water were the most interesting on the day and we learned quite a few things that we will apply this weekend as we shoot our second event. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ky_calu...7631590496325/

Quote Originally Posted by calulot View Post
    I thought I'd update this thread. JRW, you were correct, it was a constant barrage of runners for 4 hours. I ended up having 3 shooters on my team, so we ended up dividing the images posted by obstacles and making an easily scrollable thumbnail page. Anyway, here's a link to a few of the shots I took if anyone is interested. For sure, the obstacles with mud/water were the most interesting on the day and we learned quite a few things that we will apply this weekend as we shoot our second event. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ky_calu...7631590496325/
    Those look really good. What lens did you shoot with?
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

great shots in there. You can tell people had fun
    Arnt

thanks for all the great comments, the event ended up being a blast even though the day started miserably (horizontal rain and 52 degrees when the first wave started).

jrw, I try to capture the emotion of the moment when I shoot sports, I feel it freezes the moment of action and the feeling of the moment as well.

dsiegel, I used a 1DMkII with 70-200 non-IS for these shots. We just shot our 2nd event, and although I got stuck doing the portraits at the end of the course for much of the time, I'll try to post a few of the good ones when they're ready.