10 62.50%
  • M_Six

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations NFLD Stephen! Assignment #72: Facial Expressions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congratulations NFLD Stephen! Assignment #72: Facial Expressions

On behalf of Neuroanatomist, I would like to present the topic for Assignment #72: Facial Expressions

As described by Neuro:

"Facial Expressions" – a fairly open topic that can encompass portraits, candids, action, etc. A key element will be an expression that conveys emotion...happiness, anguish, anger, any emotion. As always, you're encouraged to submit multiple entries, the first will be judged unless you indicate otherwise. Have fun!"

The Finalists:

sambisu
    - captures the silliness of childhood along with the boy's 'I'm getting too old for this' attitude that I'm not looking forward to with my own kids.

Dave Throgmartin - great capture, like the juxtaposed expressions.

NFLD Stephen - bold colors, I think I saw that expression on a driver in the next lane along my commute home today .

M_Six - I consider myself a dog person, but you seem to have captured part of the feline essence.

Congratulations to the finalists and Good luck
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 12-23-2014 at 02:08 PM.

"In rythm"

Musician, Glasgow by jamsus11, on Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

I think I may have posted this in another thread too, but it seemed appropriate for this assignment. I really had to work to get this expression from the little girl. She was super shy about having her picture taken at first.

_H8A2593 by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

"Glitter"

nella2 by jerrytech1, on Flickr

Finally found one. I took these a couple weeks ago, but finally go around to processing things this weekend. Snow and ice do that. He was terribly upset that I interrupted his video game time to take some end of the year soccer pictures.

"The unhappy one"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Finally found one. I took these a couple weeks ago, but finally go around to processing things this weekend. Snow and ice do that. He was terribly upset that I interrupted his video game time to take some end of the year soccer pictures.

"The unhappy one"
    The older boy has 4 legs.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    The older boy has 4 legs.
    Littlest brother wouldn't get out of my picture and he may be pushing on older brothers back. Unclear, but he is the troublemaker of the group.

Left: Determination
    Right: Sneer

2013_09_22_3848_LR_upd_8x10 by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

Zach
    I didn't see that this was just for people so.......

we have all had someone give us this look at one time or another, just not from a puppy!

"the look"

Getting the look! by zachary T., on Flickr

I am not submitting anything... I have nothing very recent. But I will show these from the archives, because they fit the catagory.

The first one was the "dirty look" I got from the neighbors horse when I stopped and took his picture last winter. The look said it all - I think he was sick of winter.

The second one was so funny to watch. An Oriole was pestering an eagle. He kept diving down on the eagle and eagle just sat there, but after awhile it started giving this annoyed look to the Oriole. By this time I was wondering if he was figuring out if it was worth the effort to go after the little bugger, but the energy expended would out weigh the calories gained from the small amount of meat... so he sat it out.

Obviously, most of the facial expressions from animals (or at least the interpretation of them) are in my head. But it is my story and I am sticking to it.

Mickey-7897 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Oriole Pestering an Eagle by westmichigan, on Flickr
    Last edited by conropl; 11-19-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr