Thread: C&C welcome... took this shot with my new 50D and 70-200 f4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

C&C welcome... took this shot with my new 50D and 70-200 f4

Re: C&C welcome... took this shot with my new 50D and 70-200 f4

*Quack*

First of all, use a link so that we don't have to copy and paste the address. To do so, simply select a word and click the chain button at the top of the text window. Paste the address there, choose "Open in New Window," and give it a description if you'd like. That makes it substantially easier.

Else (and probably a better option), resize the picture, upload it, and display it in your thread post. Use the filmstrip icon, choose the picture, then set the width and height dimensions (preferably something like 600x400...just make sure the width isn't larger than 800).

You'd probably get quite a few more people looking at the picture if you did either of these two things. :-)

Otherwise, the picture looks decent. It bothers me that you can't see the mother's head, and that you didn't get the top part of her body/wings in the shot. Of course, I regularly don't include the very tops of people's heads in my portraits (because I tend to like them that way), but with this particular subject the image leaves me wanting more. Otherwise, I love the color and the lighting. You caught the ducklings at a good moment.

Thanks for the tip, I fixed the link so it's just a click away. I cropped the original picture so I could focus on the ducklings. I wanted the eye to focus on the nice yellow colour of the ducklings. Appreciate your feedback...

[]

Overall, it's nicely exposed, very sharp and colorful. I'm with Sean on the composition aspect, and would definitely like to see the entire big bird in the frame, and less of the giant black border around it. Also, you could probably tweak with shadows in Photoshop to reveal more detail in the feathers. Other than that, good job!

Thanks for the feedback. Made some adjustments with shadows and here is the original shot.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/3613429089_41db9d121b_b.jpg

like it so much, espesially the original one