Thread: AdoramaPix printing, paper, quality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AdoramaPix printing, paper, quality

Okay, (hopefully) my last question on printing images.

Is there a noticeable difference between the different types of paper at AdoramaPix? I want to offer the best quality for a few senior picture sessions I'll be doing, so I want the best [affordable] quality.

Right now I'm looking at Kodak Endura Lustre, or Kodak Endura Silk (adorama says "Especially suited for portraits"

I'm completely open to any other paper options so if none of those are good, don't hesitate to tell me.

Here is a link to Adorama's paper selection.

Thanks!

Rodger

Re: AdoramaPix printing, paper, quality

I like their Lustre, as it has a nice sheen, but isn't over powering. Adorama has a crazy fast turnaround as well.

Thanks for the feedback - very much appreciated.

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

Hi Helen!

Thanks for the reply! I emailed you with a few questions and my mailing address.

Thanks so much!

-Rodger

Alan

I've been very pleased with Adorama's print work. I also love the Lustre. And, like Ehcalum says, it's "crazy fast" turnaround. [Y]

I love Adorama's work...

I just got a big sports poster back for a client on Kodak Endura Lustre. It is a very nice looking paper. I have two huge portraits of my daughters hanging im my office that were printed on Kodak Edura Matallic. It's a great choice for images with reflections or sparkles in them.

Thanks guys. Really help put a rookie's mind at rest haha.

Thanks again,

Rodger

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]When someone sets up a new account with AdoramaPix (which is FREE!) they get 25 free prints. Many people use these free 4x6s to order some prints on all the different paper types.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] We usually recommend that you print something that you have already seen in print, that way you can compare. The only paper type we don't offer in a 4x6 size is the Silk, but if you'd like to email me with your mailing address, I can pass it along and see that you get some samples. <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]Generally, the silk paper is very well suited for any kind of portraits, especially formal portraits like wedding shots. It delivers lovely skin tones and has a very delicate texture to it. It's more matte than our Lustre paper. The Kodak Endura Supra Lustre has a slight sheen to it, not as much as the Metallic or Glossy, but it's a good all around paper, a very fine surface texture and closest to "semi-gloss." <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]The Supra Matt(TM) might be a good choice also, nice rich blacks and good detail with no texture to the finish - it depends on your subject matter, and personal preference. Set up your account and order some prints for free and see for yourself. <o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else you need.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt;"]<o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]
    </o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com