Thread: Should I get an Invisible Shield screen protector for my new 7D?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should I get an Invisible Shield screen protector for my new 7D?

I've heard that canon EOS camera's LCD comes with a protector on it but I'm not sure if the 7D does.

Does anyone use a screen protector for their LCD screens on the 7D?

Re: Should I get an Invisible Shield screen protector for my new 7D?

In short. Yes.

Invisible Shields are great.

I have one on my 400D and my IPOD.

I now buy them as presents for other people.

Get one.

Agreed. Best form of protection that costs like $20. Worth every penny.

I agree, I have one on my 7d lcd screen $9.00 aud, better to save the screen than have scratches all over it.

I didn't see this post yesterday or I would have responded--the Invisible Shield is fantastic. I put one on every small device I own that has a screen on it--I've had one on (3) phones, (3) SLRs, (2) Palm organizers, and (2) mp3 players (and probably more items that I can't think of at the moment). I've never had a scratched screen since I started using the Invisible Shields. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Another quick question, does anyone find that the invisible shield affects the view/glare on the 7D screen? The screen as it stands is fabulous, and it would be a shame if the invisible shield caused glare or made it harder to see.

Also, does it just come with a protective cover for the back LCD, or does it have something for the top LCD panel as well? If not, are any of you concerned about the top panel?

Quote Originally Posted by alexsommers

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Another quick question, does anyone find that the invisible shield affects the view/glare on the 7D screen? The screen as it stands is fabulous, and it would be a shame if the invisible shield caused glare or made it harder to see.

Also, does it just come with a protective cover for the back LCD, or does it have something for the top LCD panel as well? If not, are any of you concerned about the top panel?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

As far as the glare is concerned, I can't really say. I got the Invisible Shield for the 7D a day after I had it, so I can't really attest to the difference in having it on and not.

However, I can tell you that the Invisible Shield comes with a top LCD panel protector in addition to the rear LCD protector.

Thanks for the extra nudge, Sean and others. I have a protector on my iPhone, but for some reason I have put off getting one for my 7D. I'll be ordering an Invisible Shield next week.

--John

I don't like them. They add a slight shimmereffect that to me looks weird... The screen on the 7D and many other canon cameras already has aprotectivefront that you can replace for around $20. I believe this part is sold only from canon so you'd have to call them to get it but if my screen gets to scratched (in a year it hasn't yet...) then I'd get a replacement. The kit comes with a suction cup to remove the old one.