Thread: zoombrowser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

zoombrowser

Hello everyone! This is my first post. This is a great site, I have been reading alot.

Is there a way to make Zoombrowser work with Windows 7. My father in law bought a new computer and there does not seem to be any support for Zoombrowser.

Re: zoombrowser

Welcome!

I assume you are running x64. Did you try it in XP mode? Are you getting an error message? Is everything broken or just some parts (e.g. picture transfer)?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Zoombrowser without problems. Try this: Install your Zoombrowser off your disk. Go to Canon's website and download the latest update to Zoombrowser. Run the executable and it will update/overwrite the original installation and you have the latest version.

You can't just download the latest version and try to run it because it checks for a disk-installed version before it installs.

The program is loaded and I can open it. I just can not get it to transfer or do anything else. I am trying to locate the most recent version right now.

It works, I am not sure what I did for sure. I believe when this program is running, Windows runs as an older version?? I would like to know for sure what I did. I did not download a newer version.

I've got zoombrowser version 6.3.1.8 working with windows 7 no problem. Didn't do any compatibilitychanges. It just runs on W7 no problem. You could have had an unlucky install? I really don't know, but it should work normally, can't explain it.

Jan