Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would everyone stop saying "Pher-tographer"? Thanks.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Would everyone stop saying "Pher-tographer"? Thanks.

Have you noticed that nearly no one says "PHOtographer" properly? Everyone says "FER-tographer." No one ever says they are taking a "ferto" or a "fertograph", but they all refer to people who take pictures as "FERtographers."

Perhaps I am grumpy today.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

There a quite a few very good Fur-tographers that post very regularly to this site. I don't mind them.
    And it is certainly better to be a Furtographer, than to be asked, "Would you please take my "pharto", mate?"
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    There a quite a few very good Fur-tographers that post very regularly to this site. I don't mind them.
    And it is certainly better to be a Furtographer, than to be asked, "Would you please take my "pharto", mate?"
    In todays world of politically correctness, instead of fur-tographers they should be faux-tographers.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    In todays world of politically correctness, instead of fur-tographers they should be faux-tographers.
    Very PC of you, but a couple of questions.
    Are faux-tographers the same as those guys taking "fartos" of their enemies, the foe-tographer?
    Annddd..
    Are cart-tographers always getting themsleves before the horse-tographers? Or have I got that the wrong way around.
    Steve U

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Very PC of you, but a couple of questions.
    Are faux-tographers the same as those guys taking "fartos" of their enemies, the foe-tographer?
    Annddd..
    Are cart-tographers always getting themsleves before the horse-tographers? Or have I got that the wrong way around.
    You should always be in front of the horse-tographers, unless you want to be a horse phartographer.

Steve I Also wonder if the Fauxtographers use photoshop more than the other types.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    You should always be in front of the horse-tographers, unless you want to be a horse phartographer.
    Steve U

One could distinguish between pros (fee tographers) and amateurs (free tographers).
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

I have to admit the "fee" "free" and "faux" did bring a chuckle - glad there is a sense of humor.

Having come from Detroit and lived in Northern Wisconsin for 30 years during the winter of 2002.... Rest assured our Ontario friends stole the 'eh from someone and "Yuse guys" is fairly common in both the north woods fo Wisconsin and New Jersey.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Stephen View Post
    Have you noticed that nearly no one says "PHOtographer" properly? Everyone says "FER-tographer." No one ever says they are taking a "ferto" or a "fertograph", but they all refer to people who take pictures as "FERtographers."

Perhaps I am grumpy today.
    maybe a regional thing.

dialects etc I only hear Fertographer on TV but-- do hear phEtgoraphers
    .. and keep speakers turned off on this site so never noticed

oh.. lol you won't like this \fə-ˈtä-grə-fər\
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...q=photographer
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/audio...9%99-f%C9%99r\