Thread: 430EX II off camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

430EX II off camera

Hi all, looking for a cheap / reliable way of getting my 430EX II off the hot shoe (off camera flash). It doesn't have a sync port, maybe I should have gotten the 580, anywho. Wirless triggers , hot shoe mounts on flash, any advice would be appreciated, thank you. (I find it impossible to drag around my studio strobes in the bush.)

Scott

Re: 430EX II off camera

If you plan on buying wireless triggers, the best thing to use is a Hotshoe with Miniphone Jack from flashzebra. It enables you to use just about any flash with a wide variety of triggering devices. I personally use the product above with my Cybersyncs, and it's a great, reliable duo. The neat thing about the Hotshoe with Miniphone Jack is that flashzebra sells miniphone optical slaves that plug into the hotshoe so you can trigger your flashes optically as well (an optical trigger can be substantially cheaper than a 3rd/4th radio trigger).

Re: 430EX II off camera

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]Thanks Sean, greatly appreciated mate.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] [Y] I&rsquo;ll look into them now.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]Scott