Thread: Mountain Biker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mountain Biker

Feedback welcome, thanks!

Picture link

Re: Mountain Biker

You picked a great time to shoot so your light is pretty nice but here are a few comments:

Composition:

I'd shift it to the left when taking it toutilizethe rule of thirds and Clone out the twigs in thebottomright. I like the power lines for this shot but I find the rider in the back distracting. You might want to get closer and use a wide angle lens and shoot up at your subject for a more dramatic look. make sure to use a cheap UV filter as I've had rocks hit my front element before when doing this.

Sharpness:

I don't really see a reason to use ISO 100 for this unless you plan to print enormous sizes. Using something like ISO 800 would allow for a higher shutter speed to freeze yourforegroundand the spokes on the wheels. The alternative is to use a larger aperture to slow your shutter even more andutilizea panning motion tofurtherexaggerate the appearance of motion.

Can you put the exif in order to give some more ideas?

I do not know the focal lenght and the opening you used, but I find the back ground too detailed.

I also think you can do a better post processing remouving the electical wire, and blurring the background

iso 100, 93 mm, f/4.0, 1/400 sec, ID IV, 70-200 f/4 IS, 5:09 pm