Thread: Dental photography equipment suggestions. Anybody in the field?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dental photography equipment suggestions. Anybody in the field?

Hello there,

A friend of mine is a dentist and looking to buy a DSLR, Macro lens, and ring-lite flash for his practice. If anyone out there has dealt with Dental Photography what would you suggest as far as buying equipment. Do you think he would be just fine with the T1 or 50D? The MR-14EX? And what about a Macro lens. The Canon ef 100mm f2.8 Macro seems to be the popular choice(but its out of stock everywhere). But he's open. Would the ef-s 17-85mm Macro work? I hesitated telling him okay because the f-stop difference. Is there any other equipment he might need other than those three items? Whatever you could pass on he would be grateful. And I've already directed him through Brian's site so he'll use the links to buy. He was going to buy it from some medical site until I told him he could get it cheaper through adorama or Bhphoto.

Thanks

Re: Dental photography equipment suggestions. Anybody in the field?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/_5F00_MG_5F00_3851.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/_5F00_MG_5F00_3848.jpg[/img]

Victor,

I didn't know how to upload pictures, so the pictures above are just part of my original pictures, it's not perfect, but you still can see the exposure and the sharpness. the first was taken with mirror.

I use Xti,100mm 2.8 macro and MR-14EX, plus mirror when need it.

manual exposure, f 22, 1/120 up to 1/200 seconds depending on light situation in the office(turn off the working light on dental chair when taking pictures)

your dentist friend should know the magezine"Dentistry Today" check out issue May,2009, there is a good artical talking about dental photography

That is so wicked!! Thanks for posting those! I will most certainly pass along the info to him. Most likely I'll direct him to this page. Again that's so awesome!

Later

Victor

you are welcom victor. you are right,buiying gears from medical store is very expensive.

try upload pictures one more time[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/_5F00_MG_5F00_3851.jpg[/img]