Thread: Trial run using my new Lumodi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trial run using my new Lumodi

My oldest daughter came for a visit today with my granddaughter. After spending many hours sweating outside so my granddaughter could have a fun time in the sprinkler, I wanted to unpack my new Lumodi and give it a try. My very reluctant daughter was not thrilled about this since she was all sweaty and not in picture perfect condition.

I told her if she didn't stop acting like a dork I'd post the photos online so here they are! Sorry Sean, we didn't do theLumodi justice but I will post more when my youngest daughter (and regular model)is available. I am serious thinking of having this one commited! [:P]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_6852.JPG[/img]
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_6848.JPG[/img]
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_6853.JPG[/img]
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_6856.JPG[/img]

Re: Trial run using my new Lumodi

Hey Denise,

those look great!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    My very reluctant daughter was not thrilled about this since she was all sweaty and not in picture perfect condition.

Hmm I can tell you without a single doubt that I look a LOT worse after a good workout [:P]

So... rule number one: Always take photos of beautiful girls: CHECK!

I have no clue what that lumodi does exactly (I'll check it out) but I like the lighting very much. Plus your 85mm proves to be a great portrait lens in this occasion. Was it dark inside? I mean: f1.8 iso-100 and still 1/20sec....pfew...

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I told her if she didn't stop acting like a dork I'd post the photos online so here they are!

Number 2 is my favorite! [:P] I'm sorry but I like silly photos [] By the way definitely keep some of these...they might turn out to be great blackmail-material (weddings,parties etc etc)[A]

Have fun with your new beauty disk,

Jan

Denise-

Glad to see some actual evidence of a portrait session!

Please describe your lighting setup (including the Lumodi and whatever you were using in addition to it).

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Hi Sean -

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Keep in mind that EVERYTHING is kept in the original boxes because I don't have anywhere to keep it setup. With that in mind, I told her I could have the background &amp; lighting up and be ready to shoot in less than 5 minutes, which I did. There was no time for any thought to go into this and it is nothing what I would have liked it to be. She was leaving in a few minutes so I really didn't even get to check my camera settings so all I did was cross my fingers and hope for the best! Hopefully she'll be back for a visit soon andI can actually take my time with this ...with just learning ...I NEED lots of time!This time around, I knew if it all took too long, she'd never want todo it again.

Anyway, this very impromptu session consisted of my 580EX II w/ Lumodi on her right which I also used the diffuser it came with and on her left was the 430 EX IIw/ a Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30