Thread: Lens ISO 12233 Crops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lens ISO 12233 Crops

So, I completely understand the value and usefullness of the tool, but I have one question:

Why do they call it a <span style="background-color: #ffffff;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]Lens ISO 12233 Crop? Just want to understand the terminology a bit more.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Re: Lens ISO 12233 Crops

I'm not sure if you'd seen this. Maybe it's your answer []

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Paalman
    I'm not sure if you'd seen this. Maybe it's your answer

Buying one of these charts may be the final symptom thatconfirms the diagnosisyou have an'uncurable' L series disease.

I am glad Bryan has went through that much effort, its a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Buying one of these charts may be the final symptom thatconfirms the diagnosisyou have an'uncurable' L series disease.

What are you saying? I can quit any time I want. I DON'T have a problem. [^o)]

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    What are you saying? I can quit any time I want. I DON'T have a problem

[:#] I didn't name names.....

<p sizset="39" sizcache="10"]I'm not sure if you'd seen [url="http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Help/ISO-12233.aspx]this[/url]. Maybe it's your answer [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ish. [] I know what the chart is, was morecurious about the name of the chart. I.E. Does the 12233 relate to the resolution in the pic? And what does ISO have to do with it? lol, maybe a lame inquiry, but I like to know this stuff.

Also, "L" disease? NO WAY! I call it enlightenment? (of the wallet) Maybe we all are genetically disposed towards excellence. Kind of how humans have it engrained into their psychy to select the best mates based on physical make-up. Yeah, that's it. It's completely natural. Usually don't pay an absurd amout of moneyfor my "mates" though. hmmmm.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco
    Ish. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] I know what the chart is, was morecurious about the name of the chart. I.E. Does the 12233 relate to the resolution in the pic? And what does ISO have to do with it? lol, maybe a lame inquiry, but I like to know this stuff.

Oops, sorry [] ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization. The 12233 by my knowings is just the specific number that fits this standardization and the number itself probably doesn't have any direct link to photography whatsoever.

If you're hungry for some reading here's a list of all Photography related ISO standards[:P] It will also show you that the number is just a casenumber. Have fun []

<p sizset="39" sizcache="20"]If you're hungry for some reading here's a list of all Photography related ISO standards[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]It will also show you that the number is just a casenumber. Have fun [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Using the online Swiss Franc to USD converter it looks like $140.00 worth of light reading. If you own the chart, I guess the $140.00 for the spec's isn't to steep.

I wonder if any one with the "L" disease has bought this yet. Surely its a symptom as well.