Thread: Problems with the 1DMarkIV re manual page 208 C Fn I -3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems with the 1DMarkIV re manual page 208 C Fn I -3

It wasn´t possible to set ISO H3 although I followed the Manual von page 208. It was only possible to set 12800 ISO. I went to the service company (in Germany, Dreiech firm Greb, very friendly and competent) and explained the problem. The couldn´t find out the reason for it at once. After 15 min they gave back the camera to me with the advice to delete all custom functions and to set the H3 ISO as per page 208 of the manual at first. They already had done it

I took in a dark cellar of a castle a photo with H3. The result was strong color noise but the impresssion of the picture was, as the cellar was lighted by various lamps. So far so good.

Today I worked thouroughly with the manual in order to select other and more custom funkctions. when I came to page 208 and controlled the Cfn H3 I had to notice, that again only 12800 ISO are possible, without having changed anything of CFnI-3. I couldn´t set H3 no more

So now I remember what the technican said: Firstly set H3. But he didn´t say that during adding other custom functions CFn-3 changes to a misfunction.

I will contact the Service center again.

Have you ever heard about this, or is it probably a problem of my camera only. I mean I can use the camera despite this restriction, but I want to see the problem solved.

Looking eagerly forward to hear from the community and from Bill Carnathan

Re: Problems with the 1DMarkIV re manual page 208 C Fn I -3

I think Highlight Tone Priority really takes a photo with different settings, then adjusts it in software. It does this to gain an extra bit of dynamic range. Perhaps it's stealing your H3 setting. I can't think of anything else it might be, but then again, I've only used a Rebel.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Re: Problems with the 1DMarkIV re manual page 208 C Fn I -3

Check this Canon booklet as well. It should have the same information, but there may be more info about how thinngs work together.

http://cpn.canon-europe.com/files/product/cameras/eos1d_mark_iv/1D_Mark_IV_guide_en.pdf