Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo magazines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photo magazines

I just recently got into DSLRphotography and was wondering if anyone knows of a good magazine to subscribe to?

Is there an obvious best?

Thanks,

Rodger

Re: Photo magazines

popular photography!

I am new to photography as well and I have found "Shutterbug" to a good publication.

I subscribe to :
    • Popular Photography
    • American Photography
    • Shutterbug

I will only renew the subscription to Popular Photography. I find that it has the most interesting and informative articles. It's full of practical advise that photographers of all skill levels can apply.

Alright thanks!

Shutterbug is good mag for information. I use to work for them. Editor George Shaub is a very knowledgeable and super good guy.

They were kind of at the forefront too. They use to have a magazine called eDigital before digital took over the industry.

The design of the book leaves a little to be desired but the info is great.

This months American Photo is a special Annie Leibovitz issue and it get some great insight on and of her.

I subscribe to Pop Photo because it's only around 25 cents per issue. The technical content is plagued by many misconceptions and gross inaccuracies, but the creative part is useful.

Outdoor Photographer (www.outdoorphotographer.com)

Nature's Best Photography (www.naturesbestphotography.com)

Nature's Best Photography: Students (www.naturesbeststudents.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    The technical content is plagued by many misconceptions and gross inaccuracies, but the creative part is useful.

I agree. I have borrowed a couple issues and I found the same. Recently, for example, there was a comparison of full frame to crop sensors with their judgement being that it is a wash what you choose and that full-frame will soon fade away. They ignored the issue completely of how full frame gives you shallower depth of field for same framing, etc., which is why I like it. Good creative stuff, though, as you said.

Well, if a mag is full of inaccurate technical information, that's not something I'm interested in. I want to learn more about techniques, but also general photographical knowledge, too, and if it's full of wrong information.....no thanks.

I, too, am looking for a photo mag to subscribe to. My parents gave me a Digital Camera World for Christmas, and I loved it. Lots of great information, great techniques, tutorials, etc. But it's EXPENSIVE. Like over $100 for one year. I assume its high price is at least partly because it's based in the UK.

Anyone know of a magazine here in the States that may be a little like Digital Camera World?
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8