Thread: Dilemma: Ebay, Paypal coupon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dilemma: Ebay, Paypal coupon

So I felt pretty bad that I forgot to go through TDP when I purchased my 70-200 F4 IS for Christmas from B&H. I am planning to buy the 24-70 and a used 5d. So for the lens it has up until today been a better deal to go B&H than ebay and I was thinking about waiting for the lens rebates in May and also making sure to get credit for TDP.

But today on ebay select people, including me, can use a 10%-off-up-to-$100 paypal coupon and there are a bunch of USA warrantied 24-70s on there for the same price at B&H, which makes it $100 less with the coupon. I am struggling with my love for this site and my wallet. what would you choose? BTW, the seller looks very reputable with 100% positive feedback. Help!

Re: Dilemma: Ebay, Paypal coupon

BTW, another Ebay story. Yesterday I missed an awesome deal. I was watching an auction with a 5d+Grip, 100-400, 24-105 IS, 580 EX II and 2x extender...all in all about $4000 in gear at ebay used prices. The auction was started at $1000 and sometime during the day the seller added a buy-it-now at $2500 and someone else snagged it. Reselling that gear would have added some significant cash to my camera budget

Re: Dilemma: Ebay, Paypal coupon

Bryan has made me aware that I can link to Ebay from TDP...so if anyone else is looking to buy and they have an Ebay account, go see if your desired gear is available as well as the coupon. And make sure and link to ebay from TDP.