Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one is better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

which one is better?

Hello members,

plz suggest me which one of the 2 pics you like more.

the pics are unedited except resizing.

1. Flash fired unnoticed so flash illuminated objects (right-bottom corner) will be darkened while editing

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/1.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/2.jpg[/img]

Re: which one is better?

I'd say picture 2... but still, they're bot underexposed...have you thought about HDR? That would help...

Both are nice, I really can't decide.

I agree with Dumien. Amognst these the second one is better. But again, both of them are underexposed and some noise is visible. had u used slower shutter speed these would have made great landscapes. There is so much colour in the skies. By the way i don't understand the purpose of using a flash here. I assume it was accidental.

Cheers!

Dev

how do you post that poll thing lolz seriously

Both need post processing I would say, which mostly means bumping up the exposure, which may give you noise. Next time try a longer exposure, higher ISO, wider aperture to get more light. I lean towards the second one, but I can't tell what the foreground objects are.

Definitely looks like it was a beautiful evening.

Higher exposure would definitely help it out. I think that will help your foreground subjects stand out more.

Also, for the first image, try to find some really interesting/eye-catching subject matter. I'm not trying to be critical, I just want to help you out.

I look at a lot of my sunset pictures now and say, "Darn, I wish I had more...".
    What I was looking for was subject matter. A lot of my images have been very plain. And truth be told, only until recently have I noticed that I would have liked to see more meaning in my images.

Try it out! Beceause as a photographer, you capture moments, not scenes.

Hope this helps.

That's a really good point.

What I find helpful, when I'm taking the time to think about it, is to ask myself the question, what's actually the interesting part here? The clouds might be interesting, but which ones, how much of them. Am I interested in the foreground, in terms of content, or just grounding the sky? How does placement of the potential elements imply a story?

I like the second, easily. The first is pretty, but the second has something happening.

Hello every one,

Thanks for your thoughts and time...

I was in dilemma whether I should post these pictures b'cos these were not taken with full control of the camera. Actually by mistake i shot all the pics that morning in program mode and hence some had flash fired , some had high ISO destroying the pic etc... But that is not an excuse for lack of good composition.Actually I had posted similar topic (in this forum) where I did not include these. But i like the formation of cloud so much that I intend to include one in 'My Favorites' album I'm now compiling.

My view about the pictures

The first one should have the distant boat at lower right sweet spot and should had been shot from a lower angle. (I was standing higher ground).

2nd should had been shot from a lower angle too.

it's true the pics were not at all composed very well.

the smaller size of the images causing some problems in detail view.. so I post the bigger version of the 2nd one [plz right click on the image and choose 'view image' or similar to see the image in full dimension]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/2_5F00_big.jpg[/img]

The images are not very much underexposed, at most 1 stop.

Believe me,
    the situation was captured almost as exactly as it was (thanks Canon,
    my A530 can reproduce situations very faithfully). These were the pics of dawn just before sunrise of a cold winter day.(And that is why I was a bit sleepy and forgot to snap them in total manual mode and hence flash-fired, high ISO etc). Another pic of that sunrise ruined due to high ISO is here

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/3B.jpg[/img]

I am not very inclined to HDR... they imparts unnatural feeling in images (personal opinion). But some post processing is necessary.

On the point of composition yes it is an area where a lot of improvement required.

I like those very much []