Thread: First Photo Sale Gone Bad ....HELP!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Photo Sale Gone Bad ....HELP!!

[:'(][:'(][:'(]

Well, most of you know I sold my first photo a about a week or so ago of this ..

I ordered a 17x11.33Print on Canvas, sides black from AdoramaPix, also giving them permission to auto-correct if necessary. It only took a week and I received it today.

My only worry upon order was the auto-corrrect decision but I am very pleased with whatever minimal correction they may have made. I don't really see any change in my original photo.

The problem ...

All sides are a nice smooth, tight wrap except one side! It is wavy and bumpy! [:'(] Also, you can see this looking at the photo head-on and you can see a small section of canvas sticking out that is the original canvas color!! Against the black side this is very noticeable! [:'(] Also, above the wing of one of the birds, if you run your hand along the canvas you can feel a raised area, it sort of looks like maybe a drop of clear glue and another very small droplet of few inches to the right of the larger one. You can see it in the photo below.

Am I being too picky!?????

Here are a few photos I took, they do understate what it truly looks like but will give you some idea. I had just opened the boxand did not have the patience to get the lightingsetup while trying to make dinner and feed three hungry dogs that are staring at me! Rush! Rush! Rush!

Please tell your opinion of what you would think of this if it were your first order and sale ...

Should I show this to the buyer and see what he thinks or should I just ship it back? Should I email adorama first? Anyone know if Adorama would reimburse the shipping or do I eat that? I didn't see a return form in the box. Should I trust them to redo it since I do like the photo itself or should I cancel and ask for a refund? If I go elsewhere, it will probably cost more $.

Any advice and or opinions greatly appreciated!!

Denise[]

Re: First Photo Sale Gone Bad ....HELP!!

Call Adorama first. They should make this good and eat the cost. My lab does. I do let my lab color correct for me.

This just looks like poor workmanship to me.

Mark
    Mark

Sorry to see you

I wouldn

Thanks all! I had a feeling you wouldn

I wouldn't think so either....but after I thought about it a little more..

If the glue can be removed..they might can just remove staples and re-stretch the picture.

I am sure they will have all the answers for you tomorrow...

What they didn't count on was someone with a 100mm 2.8F L IS macro to keep em in line [:P]

Thank you to Sean for putting Denise in direct contact with me; I will be onto this as soon as the lab opens.

BTW I
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com