Thread: Too much Photoshopping is a bad thing, I guess.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Too much Photoshopping is a bad thing, I guess.

Mark - Flickr

Mark - Flickr

Well, too much photoshopping in a contest where the rules specifically state what is allowed and what isn't certainly can be an issue. Also in a photo-journalism setting alteration of photos is generally unacceptable.

Otherwise I see no real problem as long as the author of the image is not trying mislead anyone and discloses that the image was significantly altered (when it isn't readily apparent).

Photography can certainly be an art form and any tool can be used to enhance or alter an image for the sake of making it better artistically. Just don't pretend otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Well, too much photoshopping in a contest where the rules specifically state what is allowed and what isn't certainly can be an issue. Also in a photo-journalism setting alteration of photos is generally unacceptable.

Otherwise I see no real problem as long as the author of the image is not trying mislead anyone and discloses that the image was significantly altered (when it isn't readily apparent).

Photography can certainly be an art form and any tool can be used to enhance or alter an image for the sake of making it better artistically. Just don't pretend otherwise.

Agreed. He violated the rules and was justifiably disqualified. That said, it's still a very nice image and deserves accolades. I often clone out wires and cell towers and such in my images. Just part of my workflow. I'll need to be cognizant of that if I ever submit an image for a serious contest.
    Mark - Flickr