Thread: Support the Site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Support the Site

This post may get deleted as not being appropriate but I will ask the question.

I noticed in Bryan's bio profile that the site is supported from purchase through links at the site. I wish I had known this sooner.

I spent a fair amount of money at BH last year on lens. I used this site to death reviewing lens. Unfortunatly I can't say whether I accessed BH through this site when I actualy pulled the trigger or not.

Question is if I need supplies that are not listed on this site and I access B&H add through The-Digital-Picture.com will the site get credit for other purchases as well?

Re: Support the Site

Yes, Bryan should get some percentage of any sale made when visiting the site originally via one of his links, as long as it
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Other options include getting something (1/100th of a penny?) everytime TDP redirects someone to BH/Amazon/Adorama or for every "hit" on his page that displays their logo (it is advertising). It all depends upon his agreements with those sites, but perhaps you don

It

This site indeed depends on the purchases made directly after using the various links on the site - and I'm very grateful for your support!

While a retailer may remember that your visit prior to your purchase came through this site (via a cookie), the retailer *may* have a short memory, so always come back here to initiate your final browser session with that retailer before making that final purchase. The purchase *should* be tied to the final buy button/baner ad click.

Advertising campaign vary in how they pay (PPC, CPM, %), but the bottom line is the sales volume is what counts in the end.

Hopefully that answers your questions. Here is a page that might help: www.the-digital-picture.com/.../Support-The-Site.aspx

Again, THANKS!

Otherwise, if you'd like to donate directly to Bryan for his efforts in building & maintaining the community, you can do so by sending a paypal gift to bryan@carnathan.com (if I remember correctly).

Thanks Bryan

I will delete B&H out of my bookmarks so I always access them through this site.

Well I should chime in..... since I don

Again, I