Thread: New 7D----BAD COPY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New 7D----BAD COPY

As luck would have it, got my new 7D yesterday, on its way back to Canon today. As I said, got the 7D two weeks earlier than I had expected. Charged the battery and fired it up for a few test shots. Seemed to work fine, downloaded the pics, was impressed, all is well, right? Wrong!!! Turned the camera off. Took half a day off from work just so I could get used to itbefore a weekend outing and.........The D$%^&**$% thing won't power up. Tried everything. Recharged the battery, checked the memory battery, switched lenses--I know, I was getting desperate at this point. Nothing works. Called Canon, did all of the same things again. Still nothing. Canon is sending me a repair order and a UPS mailing label.I should geta spare battery in the mail today, so I will try that beforeI send the camera back but my hopes are not high at this point.

Sorry for the ranting, But I know you folks understand my pain[:'(]

Bob
    Bob

Re: New 7D----BAD COPY

Ouch. Not fun.

I had the same thing with my 40D when I first recieved it. Turned out it was a board in the power assembly that was buggered.

Not fun mate - I feel for you.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Wow Bob, sorry to hear you're going through this with your new camera especially after being so excited to get it early! []
    I know you posted this a few hours ago, did you get the spare battery and did it help or are you still going to have to mail it back?

Hoping for the best outcome,

Denise

Yep, Got the battery---still dead, going back to Canon tomorrow. Oh well [:S] ,
    Bob

Bugger [N]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30