Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisheye?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fisheye?

Hey! i was just wondering... is the Canon EF 15mm F/2.8 fisheye maintain that fisheye effect on a cropped 1.6 sensor?

Re: Fisheye?

Don't know, but for a cropped sensor body, the Tamron 10-17 fisheye is cheap and excellent quality. Of course, it doesn't work on a FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Stuart Fletcher
    the Tamron 10-17 fisheye

You mean Tokina 10-17, right?

Tony

Yes, sorry. Absolutely.

I got a Sigma 8 mm fisheye. Produce very nice fisheye photos.

Since the fisheye effect is more dramatic near the edges of the frame, a full-frame fisheye won't be as fishy on a crop body. You probably want to look into a crop-only fisheye...as others have said, the Tokina 10-17 is a good one.

Photozone:

http://www.photozone.de/

has a few reviews of fisheye lenses on crop bodies (look at the Canon page, as well as the Nikon one which does have the Tok 10-17). This is probably a good resource to get an idea of what sort of fisheye effect different lenses will give you.

Tony

I was looking at the sigma 8.5mm F/3.5 circular fisheye it seems like my kind of lens.. super wide and gives that nice fisheye distortion i want! :]

Hi srphoto, I see you were looking at the Canon 15mm fisheye. That is a diagonal fisheye, and the Sigma 8.5mm, as you mentioned, is a circular fisheye. Do you know which you prefer? The 8.5mm is also for a full frame body. Sigma makes a 4.5mm circular fisheye and a 10mm diagonal fisheye for crop bodies. I have a 40D and the sigma 10mm diagonal fisheye that I am very happy with. Hope this helps.

i dont want an extreme fisheye i just want alot of that barrel distortion...