Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any trouble with Explorer loading site?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any trouble with Explorer loading site?

I am having trouble accessing this site at different times. Explorer just doesn't want to go there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there an easy way around it? Has it got anything to do with all the pharmacy based log on ID's that are appearing on the list?

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: Any trouble with Explorer loading site?

Not using Explorer, but it
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Seems clear on my end (Vista32bit,IE). There's a little somthung going on in the member's online section by Freelance's name. It's like actual text from a conversation from Dec 5.

Has it got anything to do with all the pharmacy based log on ID's that are appearing on the list?

Gotta feeling we're gonna change how we login in the future.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

Gotta feeling we're gonna change how we login in the future.

Just for clarification, I was in reference to changing the format on signup to make it harder to hackattack, and meant no connection to names the "pharmacy" people are using.

I use explorer and windows 7-64 bit, No problem here.

Has it got anything to do with all the pharmacy based log on ID's that are appearing on the list?

Am I too old to understand this comment?

Bob
    Bob

Nah, your not too old, Bob! He

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Nah, your not too old, Bob! He's talking about those new members that have spam looking login names

Hmm, I haven't noticed any of those---Guess I should pay closer attention----[:S]
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I'm running Windows7-64 bit w/ IE 8 and all works fine here.

I was thinking about going to Chrome but haven't heard too much feedback yet from users that have it yet.

I hope the problems your having are only temporary, Steve.

Denise
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks Denise, I don't know what it is. I can't open the site from my favourites, or from the Tool Bar. It is only this site that is having a problem, all the other favourites just open with a click.

When I look at the address bar at the top "http.//community" is a lighter shade of color, like "unbolded,"than the rest of the sites address is in normal shading. All other sites have the "www" or the "http" part of the address unbolded, but this siteseems unique to have "community" in a lighter shade.

I haven't got a cluewhy, but now to get to this site, Google and Explorer have to open an old cached version and then I go to a review and then I can click on "Community". Very odd.

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

When I look at the address bar at the top "http.//community" is a lighter shade of color

Mine looks like that too. The-digial-picture.com( I'm assuming it's because it's the main site)is bolder and everything else(before and after) is not. Once you put your cursor on it, the whole thing is bold. I think that's how it always worked. I hate to ask this question, but have youtried to re-bookmark it? I'm sure you have,but thought I'd get that out of the way though. Computers are funny sometimes. Forthem being programmed so black and white, they're awfully gray..or is that grey?...

When I look at the address bar at the top "http.//community" is a lighter shade of color, like "unbolded,"than the rest of the sites address is in normal shading. All other sites have the "www" or the "http" part of the address unbolded, but this siteseems unique to have "community" in a lighter shade.

I haven't got a cluewhy, but now to get to this site, Google and Explorer have to open an old cached version and then I go to a review and then I can click on "Community". Very odd.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I read thru the thread again but could not find what version of IE you are running. When I log on here at work during my lunch, I use an oldspare computer in another office since if I sit at my desk people expect me to work while I eat! Anyway, that computer has a very old OS and IE but everything still runs ok when I'm on here.

Also, I have the same lighter shade for "community" in the address bar on my home computer. I believe it is suppose to be like that and is not a problem. It sounds like your problem is isolated to just your computer and you should probably follow Richard's advice.

I wish you luck! I know dealing with computer issues are at the top of my list for the most frustrating things to have to deal with!

Denise