Thread: 16 bits/channel vs. 8 bits/channel in CS5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

16 bits/channel vs. 8 bits/channel in CS5

Hi All -

Before when I opened a photo in photoshop after editing in Camera RAW it would automatically default to the 16 bits/channel mode. Now, I noticed it is defaulting to 8 bits/channel. How do I change it to open all photos in 16 bits/channel? I went through all preference settings and can't find anything showing me where to set this.

I have know idea why it has changed to begin with or where it is getting the information to default to 8 bits/channel.

Denise

It might have happened you reinstalled some stuff, but i believe in the CR screen (right below the picture you're working on) is a bar of info in blue? If you click that, I think it opens a dialog box whereyou can change it back to 16bit. It should stay after that.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Yep, I tore my computer apart to the bare bones and reinstalled a different version of Windows 7 and then reinstalled all programs, plug-ins and updates so I know it happened during that process.

I saw in CR where I could change it from 8-bit to 16-bit but couldn't get it to save to that default. Now that I changed it again & instead of cancelling out of the photo, I pulled it thru and opened it in photoshop, it does now default to that for every pic I open in CR.

So, thank you very much for posting to my thread! All is fixed!

Thanks,
    Denise