Thread: LCD screen Protector

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LCD screen Protector

I was recently searching for a canon LCD protector, I found some of the generic screen protectors but nothing like the hard plastic ones I've seen around. Anyone know where I can find one or which one I should get? Appreciate the help.

Re: LCD screen Protector

I got mine from here: http://www.acmaxx.net

It's polycarbonate (very strong) and tailor made (but a b*tch to remove as well to be honest).

The absolute best LCD protectors come from ZAGG. They use the same material that is used to protect military chopper blades from damage. It really is fantastic stuff. I've hada ZAGG InvisibleShield on my XTi and 50D, as well as my Microsoft Zune, Palm pilots, and cell phones. After putting them on, you can literally take a key and try to scratch the surface without damaging a thing. I highly, highly recommend them.

After veiwing the previous poster's link, I must point out that an InvisibleShield won't protect your LCD from impacts, only scratches. However, I've never had a problem with impacts (especially on a DSLR), so that's not an issue with me.

EDIT: Dangit...that's what I get for trying to read/reply from work. You specifically said you wanted a hard plastic one, so the previous poster's reply was spot-on.

However, if you want a screen protector that isn't the hard one (for just about any device), then my recommendation still stands.

Why do you think you really need one?

Because all the Nikon guys have them.

To be honest, I simply hate a scratched screen. I had a Palm Pilot years ago and remember scratching the screen in the graffiti area. While it didn't effect viewing anything in the normal screen area, the scratch always drew my attention. And the cheap plastic screen protectors don't seem to provide much protection (albeit, a little), so that's why I was so completely satisfied with the Invisible Shield by ZAGG. I especially love the Invisible Shield on my cellphones as I'm alot more abusive with them.

And no, I'm not paid by ZAGG to hawk their products--I'm just really satisfied with their Invisible Shield and don't mind letting people know. I'm also really satisfied with my magnetic (shake) flashlight, the NightStar by AppliedInnoTech. Having owned a few alternative energy led flashlights, I can tell you this one is by far my favorite. Indestructible, waterproof to 2200-ft, and 30 seconds of shaking provides about 20 minutes of light (but the light dims over time...a few seconds of shaking brings it back to full brightness). I have one in the house and one in the car at all times.

The Canon DSLRs already have an LCD protector. That exterior sheet of plastic is not the surface of the LCD. That's just a plastic cover stuck on the back of the camera by adhesive strips.

You can buy another cover from Canon for about $15 (it comes with more adhesive stripping). Use a big kitchen suction cup to remove the old cover and stick on the new one.

So you don't really need a protector--it's already got one. Unless you want a protector for the protector.

Quote Originally Posted by RDKirk

The Canon DSLRs already have an LCD protector. That exterior sheet of plastic is not the surface of the LCD. That's just a plastic cover stuck on the back of the camera by adhesive strips.

You can buy another cover from Canon for about $15 (it comes with more adhesive stripping). Use a big kitchen suction cup to remove the old cover and stick on the new one.

So you don't really need a protector--it's already got one. Unless you want a protector for the protector.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Do you have a reference?