Thread: Trade in prices at Adorama

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trade in prices at Adorama

I am wanting to upgrade my camera but needed to trade or sell myCanon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens prior to doing this. I upgraded to a 70-200mm F4L IS a while back and really don't ever use this lens anymore. This lens is in mint condition. So my question, does Adorama provide you with pretty fair trade in equipment prices? Would it make a difference if I plan on purchasing my new camera from there also?

Just basically wondering if I would do better by doing that, or trying to sell the lens on Craiglist or something like that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Jayson

Re: Trade in prices at Adorama

If you have an active Craigslist in your area, I would do that. You will probably get more money. Adorama is great, but they need to build a profit into the resale value.

Used Canon lenses usually go for a premium on ebay...almost as much (and sometimes more) than the cost of a refurbished item.

Hi Jayson

In truth you are unlikely to get much more than 70% of the used department estimated re-sale value for your equipment (slighty more for a trade-in or an item which is in high demand) - as we need to cover overheads such as advertising, cleaning, storage, wages - and the boss expects us to turn a profit!

However, we do pay for items to be shipped (insured) to us for evaluation, and if you aren't happy wity theprice you are offered we ship the item back to you at our cost.

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to email me directly if you need any additional information or after-sales support concerning an order from Adorama.<o></o>

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]http://helenoster.blogspot.com

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

www.adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com