Thread: What is your standard recipe in Aperture for RAW pics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is your standard recipe in Aperture for RAW pics?

I have switched to shooting raw instead of JPG, and I am generally very happy with it. While I miss taking long bursts of pictures, the ability to fix exposure and white balance after the fact is *amazing* and worth the switch for me.

That said, I'm still learning Aperture, and I would love to hear from those with more experience what your standard recipe is for altering your pics before posting/sharing them, particularly sharpening and other effects applied to the whole picture. Also, if you have a standard plan, such as saturate/definition on eyes, or something like that, would love to hear your tips.

Sorry if your favorite PP-program is something else, but I just use Aperture. :-) Maybe you can start a Lightroom thread if you want to hear about it. :-)

Thanks in advance for the help! If it matters, I shoot with a 17-55mm f/2.8 and a Canon XSi. Looking to add a 100mm f/2.0 or 85 1.8 next.

Randy

Re: What is your standard recipe in Aperture for RAW pics?

I don't have a standard formula, since every shot/shoot can be very different. I usually don't sharpen my images unless I've missed focus then I usually do the repairs in PS. The palettes I used most are the WB, Exposure, Enhance, Highlight & Shadows, Curves and Colors. I like the Curves palette in v3 they are more traditional. Previous version had more or levels slider with plot-able points. That was not so intuitive.