Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one is better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

which one is better?

Hello ,

I have some pairs of snaps each of which shot at same subject but with diff settings/framing/timing.

Now I cannot pick which one is better and so I need your opinion.

All images are unedited jpgs from camera. Only resized to have MAX width of 800 px. No other modification/editing what so ever.

Tanks for your thoughts & time

Re: which one is better?

1st pair: shot with Canon Powershot A530

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0077.jpg[/img]

and

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0084.jpg[/img]

2nd pair: Canon Powershot SX100 IS

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0365.jpg[/img]

and

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0366.jpg[/img]

3rd one: Canon Powershot A530

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0588.jpg[/img]

and

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.48/IMG_5F00_0594.jpg[/img]

Great photos! My choice for the three pairs: 1st, 2nd, 1st. (In that order.) They could all use some good post processing TLC (at least to correct the tilted horizon.)

agree

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Great photos! My choice for the three pairs: 1st, 2nd, 1st. (In that order.) They could all use some good post processing TLC (at least to correct the tilted horizon.)
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ditto. On the first set, I think you have better content density with the first. It's all very pretty and all on the second, but there's less of visual interest. On the second set, I think the second provides something of a relationship between the people and the plant, as opposed to just being a picture about a couple of guys walking. On the third set, I can't remember more than I just liked the first better [:P]

Oh, wait, yes, the first picture has a better sense of subject. You see that building, and it's relationship with the stuff around it. The second is more like a big bunch of stuff, and the fog is pretty much what's to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I agree aswell

I'm more inclined to say 1st, 1st (with some cropping) and 1st (with some cloning). For the 1st image in the second group, I would crop some off the top and from the right to bring both focal elements (the tree and the people) in a diaginal coming up from the right bottom corner. This would also move the horizon off the center. The 1st picture in the 3rd group is better composed then the second, with the forground element adding intrest and drawing your eye in. I would justtry to clone out the overhead power lines, however.

Sorry, ment to say crop off the bottom of the 1st image in the 2nd group .... doh!