Thread: Slideshow clarity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slideshow clarity

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]I&rsquo;m trying to do a slideshow presentation in PSE7 but the clarity does not impress me that much when played back in full screen.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I have tried saving images in jpeg, 8 and 16 bit TIFF increased pixel size but they are still poor quality (pixelly).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Any ideas would be appreciated with what settings I need to save my images for clarity.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Thankyou
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott

Re: Slideshow clarity

Tells us:

1) resolution of images. i.e 4368 x 2912?

2) size and resolution of monitor.

Have you looked long and hard through the options in PSE7? I'd bewilling to bet there is no rendering setting. I just looked at PSE6 on my wife's machine and there's nothing there.

For full screen slide show viewer/editor/organizers/batchers I recommend Irfanviewor Picasa

With Irfanview you can create a *.exe slideshow.

With Picasa you can save to Picasa web albums (screenshow there) or save as movie or save to CD as screenshow.

Both display your images as sharp as possible.

Thanks for your reply Chuck.

The resolution for the image i am using is (through DPP) 3168 x 4752, my monitor is set at 1680 x 1050 32 bit, it is a Benq T221W. Does this help, sorry I'm a bit vague on it.

Cheers

Scott

I'm not sure, but maybe sizing photos to screen size would help, so the software doesn't have to do it itself and lose quality by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deva207
    but maybe sizing photos to screen size would help

This is not necessary. I have a HP2275 (1680 x 1050) and from 18" plus away the images look very clear and sharp.

Scott, use a viewer like Picasa or Irfanview to view slideshows of your pictures. They both do a great job of that and offer many other features as well. BTW, I forgot to mention that both are free. If you want to create slide show self-executables, both do that as well.

Another, flash based free screenshow creator is Jalbum. But, this is more for web galleries than PC galleries.

Unless someone can correct me, PSE does not have an image quality setting. Irfanview does, and Picasa renders to screen incredibly well. In fact, when first viewing images with Picasa, you can see it do a "Refining" of the image for screen display. If slideshow is used you do not see the little blue box that says "refining". It does that before fading to next image. It all happens full screen and you can select the duration, etc.

P.S. I've own both PSE 6 and CS3 and have never even though about using them as a slideshow viewer. Neither program AFAIC, renders full size jpegs to screen very well.

Chuck, thankyou so much for all your help, great information. I'm looking into those viewers now.

Cheers

Scott