Thread: C & C Frost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

C & C Frost

I just shot this the other day and it was a lot of fun, but it feels a little flat and I am not sure if the image is just not sharp (because of the lens that I used) or slightly out of focus. Also it was through a pane of glass that is slightly tinted and (as is evident) very dirty. Also the compression required for the forum width is really destroying the little detail that it had originally. Here is a link to my flickr with the pic.

This was taken with a Canon 10D EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM @ f/4.5 1/125 ISO 100 I also had a set of extension tubes on there to make the macro shot. With that I assume that the real f number is a lot worse, but I don't know how long they were nor do I know how to calculate it. All comments, critiques, etc. welcome.

Enjoy!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.29/IMG_5F00_6665.jpg[/img]

Re: Frost!

I edited the photo for you in DPP, a picture is worth a thousand words. It makes it easier that way.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/4319755597.JPG[/img]

John.

Hmm. It does make it look less flat.

Very nice and interesting!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Here's my go at editing, hope you don't mind!

I didn't like the top part; I found it distracting.

This is very nice editing. It looks like a tattoo in reverse.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Re: C & C Frost

Wow, that's very cool! For whatever reason, this has the look of some sort of deep-sea plant, to me, which makes the frost look all the more other-wordly. Either that, or it's because I'm in Phoenix, and I don't think we've ever had frost like that, even on our most 'fridgid' winter mornings. []

Re: C & C Frost

Thanks Jim, I'll check with the photographers around here and see if any will be so kind.

Aaron, Thanks so much. I have only seen that frost a couple of times and usually it is then the window is really cold. Therefore it makes sense that Phoenix would not have much of the frost. I think the morning that I took those it was -15 F outside. It also helps to keep the room really humid so that there is always water to freeze sitting on the windows. :P

Samuel