Thread: Fall Colors the Ziess 21mm F/2.8 Diagon or the Canon TS-e 24mm F/3.5 Tilt Shift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fall Colors the Ziess 21mm F/2.8 Diagon or the Canon TS-e 24mm F/3.5 Tilt Shift

Fall Colors are just starting to change in my area. Which of these two lens would be the best choice to capture the best IQ and color of the fall landscape. 21mm and 24mm would both work I am looing for the best IQ.

Re: Fall Colors the Ziess 21mm F/2.8 Diagon or the Canon TS-e 24mm F/3.5 Tilt Shift

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    21mm and 24mm would both work I am looing for the best IQ.

Looking at the ISO 12233 crops, the Zeiss is a little sharper wide open (probably irrelevant for landscapes), and at f/8 it's a wash. Bryan refers to the Zeiss as, "...a very close contender to the ultimate wide angle lens," but it does seem to be more affected by flare than the TS-E 24mm II. Also, the TS-E gives you the option of using shift to create effectively seamless panoramas.

Re: Fall Colors the Ziess 21mm F/2.8 Diagon or the Canon TS-e 24mm F/3.5 Tilt Shift

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Looking at the ISO 12233 crops, the Zeiss is a little sharper wide open (probably irrelevant for landscapes), and at f/8 it's a wash. Bryan refers to the Zeiss as, "...a very close contender to the ultimate wide angle lens," but it does seem to be more affected by flare than the TS-E 24mm II. Also, the TS-E gives you the option of using shift to create effectively seamless panoramas.

Using Bryan's review they seemed to both be about equal. Looking at the sample picturesBryan had for both lens, the Ziess pictures seemed to have a richer color and depth. Its hard to tell if what I see as diffrences in the sample pictures is just subject, location and post processing or the lens itself making the diffrence

As for the lenses, I don