Thread: Concert Photos C&C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Concert Photos C&C

Concert at a small club in Louisville from friday. Never had such a hard time getting a stop action shot before! I was dying to have a new 5DII so I could shoot at a usable 3200 or 6400. White balance was tough to play with too, I think I ended up going with White/Fluorescent. Featured are The Wedding, Decyfer Down and RED. Would love to know what you all think, thanks for taking the time to check these out!

All shot with a Canon XTi

50mm f/1.6 1/125s ISO 1600

b50mm f/2 1/125s ISO 800

10mm f/3.5 1/160s ISO 1600

50mm f/1.8 1/320s ISO 1600

Re: Concert Photos C&C

I really like all of those shotswith the exception of the second one...it just doesn't do anything for me.

nice shots! try converting the 1st and 2nd ones to black and white. I do that sometimes when the stage light colors are overwhelming the photo.

gives the photo a whole different look.

Nice work Matt.

I'm having some trouble with the 3rd one. It seems multi-discombobulated.

The light panel on the right is very distracting. Maybe a 5x7 or 8x10 crop would work better there.

I love the monochromatic colors of the first two.

#4 looks like an episode of "Flare Gone Wild"but I sort of like the foggy effect. I'd turn the saturation up on that one a bit and let the colors control the form more than the luminosity. That's just me.

My first attempt with my new 7D & 70-200mm IS at a Live Show. My grand daughters Dance & Singing Theatre of Victoria, Australia. No flash & hand held. Approx 70m & 25% off axis of stage. Lots of fun. [H]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/chloe1.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/chloe2.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/chloe4.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/chloe3.jpg[/img]
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Shots look good, especially when you consider the difficulty. ISO1600 to 3200 seem to be required, so you've done well to produce some seemingly low noise images. I like the last one due to the abstract nature and lighting. I don't think flare is a negative in this context since that's part of the production. The INSPIRE tattoo is a nice addition. A 5D II is really a handy tool if you think you can get ahold of one. I've been shooting a lot with that and the 70-200 f/2.8 and still am able to get some shots when you happen to catch a motionless moment.

Thanks for all the comments, I did try some of the other shots in black and white and they were very much improved so thank you much for that tip!