Thread: Making a Heavy Push Pull Zoom More User Friendly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Making a Heavy Push Pull Zoom More User Friendly

I made a simple base/handle from a scrap of 3/4" MDF. Piece is about 2.5x6." Made counter sunk 1/4" hole centered (not like I told Bryan 2" from an end(oops)). Roundedall edges. Used short flat head 1/4" machine screw to mount to the tripod ring.

I can do many tweaks with one finger. Keep one finger on the slider to limit movement. Balances the rig nicely.Fairly easy on the hand. Can set the rig on a table or other flat fairly safely.

New here, I'll add pix when I figure out/someone tells me how.

Norm

Re: Making a Heavy Push Pull Zoom More User Friendly

Cool, adding a pic is straightforward, if not easy....when posting a 'reply'

1. Click on the 'Movie Strip or the Insert Media' iconin the 'Description Pane

2.Click on 'Upload or select a file...'

3. Peruse to the location of your images.

[]

Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Help arrived quickly. Thanks! Lens sits nicely on a shelf with this block/handle, too.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.35.71/PushPull1.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.35.71/PushPull2.jpg[/img]

Cool trick andnice finish.

Loving the camera collection you have there!
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams