Thread: How big can it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How big can it be?

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Time to purchase more CF cards for my Canon 350D (Rebel XT). What I don't know is what is the maximum capacity card that can be used by this camera. The SanDisk site tells me that 16GB is my max, but some of the third party sites tell me 64GB.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Who do I belive?
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Re: How big can it be?

I dont know much about the 350D, in any case it preferable to have your memory split on several cards, they can freeze or wont write or read, the plus side is that it

I also don't know the max size you can use. But I use 8GB cards in my 50D. I shoot in Raw and it can hold well over 300 shots. As Gred mentioned, protecting yourself by not having 1000+ images on a card is a good idea and something for you to consider.

Braden

And the answer is:

With Firmware version 1.0.2 (the last firmware release was 1.0.3) the camera will see Free Space to 14.9GB (don
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss