Thread: Good news for DSLR video folks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good news for DSLR video folks

As many of you have realized and discussed here on the forum, (especially those Non-Mac people), Many of the consumer level video software options would not process Canon videos natively, which forced some to use and even buy converters to convert the MPEG to AVI. Well, your problems have been solved. I had read that Adobe Premier Elements 9 would now process MPEGs, so I downloaded the trial ---and it worked great, no need for converters. The only quirky thing is when you upload/import the file, there is no indicator that says "working", once you hit the "get media" button--it just sits there for about 30 seconds, then the progress bar pops up---but other than that , and a slow start up, the software seems to work great. after playing with the trial version, I purchased the software.

Just thought some of you might be interested.

Bob
    Bob

Re: Good news for DSLR video folks

Hi Bob

Thanks for your tip re: APE 9. I have been using DPP to download videos of my 7D & 5D 2 and then edited these in Windows Live Movie Maker. (I use Windows 7) The files are created movie files in 1080 size and or any other.. My experience with movie shooting is very limited, but I thoroughly enjoyed the doing it.

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo