Thread: Refurbished and White Box model

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Refurbished and White Box model

Adorama has both a refurbished and a white box model available. What's the difference?

JeffersonPoster

Re: Refurbished and White Box model

If I recall correctly, white box models are opened or damages packages while refurbished are models which have been used for a few days and returned by its original buyer.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong

Refurbished are used returned to factory, inspected and brought back to new specifications.

White box I'm GUESSING is a kit lens returned with a damage body, the body is sent back, the lens stays and gets sold (?). Or maybe simply a lens that was in a damaged package or maybe a demo. All guesses of course.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 12pt;"]Rather than guessing, why don&rsquo;t you call <span lang="EN" style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; color: #333333; font-size: 12pt; mso-ansi-language: EN;"]Adorama?<span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 12pt;"]<o></o>

I'm not guessing, I'm asking and besides, I thought you might know!

JeffersonPoster

I'm guessing because I don't care enough to call. Thought I'd throw it out there and let someone correct me.

I don't really care that much either, just thought I'd ask.Sounded like a good question at the time. Much later now.

JeffersonPoster

My guess would be that a white box is a returned kit lens, since it literally comes in an unmarked white box. But ask Adorama to be certain.