Thread: Canon Apps Store.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canon Apps Store.

I wish. Looking at the fantastic work on HDR and other techniques that some of you artists can pull off and considering some of your grumbles about camera operation that relate to your technique, how about the following?

There is so much computing horsepower in a DSLR that they should easily handle specialized applications like an iphone does. The ability to buy an app at a place (The Canon App Store, ha!) and install it in one's camera should be a no brainer. It should be easy to make a DSLR do all sorts of things that normally require hours of post or other fussing, to have a bunch of apps stored in it for about anything one has a mind to do. HDR with lots of adjustments is just the first that comes to mind. I'm sure the film folks could think of more than a few to make their art easier. And the software people would have another outlet. And no one can guess the amazements that might be invented.

Come on, Canon, take another leap into the future!

Re: Canon Apps Store.

Based upon the poorly designed interfaces at times in DSLRs I would hate to try to write software that could handle the interface nicely.

Once all Camera's have built in touch screen that can be turn off (so your nose does not 'magically' adjust your setting) then maybe you can accommodate a useful interface.

Until then the best and most profitable way is Computer software sold to you.

I think that the reason that there is little demand for this is because expensive software and large computer monitors make editing easier (because you can see what you are doing better) and more professional (because you can apply changes to very specific parts of the photo).

I can see an exposure application that will automatically generate HDR images so that no highlights are clipped and no shadows are lost.

I can also see a depth of field calculator.

Amount of vibration detected during exposure as determined by the IS. To be saved to the exif.

Built in, user-accessible shutter count utility.

Many more modifications for the new electronic viewfinder, as well as incorporating many of magic lantern's ideas.

What canon really needs is to develop a SDK (software developer kit) for their future cameras. Were not asking for lightroom on the camera just some simple addons.