Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Real Snow!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Real Snow!

I know that usually it is best to put one picture up at a time on this Image Critique page, but because I took these all at the same time and they are somewhat related I thought that it would be ok to post them together. I would love any comments. Both were taken with a Canon 10D EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.29/IMG_5F00_6569.jpg[/img]

85mm f/4.5 1/50 ISO 100 with integrated flash

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.29/IMG_5F00_6560.jpg[/img]

24mm f/3.5 1/2 ISO 100

Re: First Real Snow!

I like the second one. You are lucky out there, we got 1/2" of slush here If its not too bad today get a couple of macro shots of the snow, those can be fun.

dan

I agree, the second image describes the essence of winter - for me at least. Very nice.

I've included a shot as well but I've cheated as this was taken last year on a 450D with the 'nifty fifty'.

Did I mention that I hate this time of the year!!!!!!

[+o(]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.98/test_2D00_5.jpg[/img]
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

This was my first picture of snow this year other than when my area recieved a freak light snowfall in mid-october. . . taken with a tamron 17-50 f2.8 @f9.5, 1/45, ISO 200.

([url="http://community.the-digital-picture.com/members/photosurfer/files/IMG_5F00_5569_5F00_IJFR_5F00_600.jpg.aspx]http://community.the-digital-picture.com/members/photosurfer/files/IMG_5F00_5569_5F00_IJFR_5F00_600.jpg.aspx[/url])

<h1 class="CommonTitle"]</h1>

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.41/IMG_5F00_5569_5F00_IJFR_5F00_600.jpg[/img]

Thanks Guys,

The second shot I walked out of the dorm this morning and looked up (I had my camera with me because last year I had said that I would take a picture of the trees with the snow sitting on them but it always happened that the wind blew it off before I had time/desire to take the picture. So when I saw it was pretty this morning I decided I would go and do this) and right there in front of me was this shot. So I took it. The first shot was just something I took as I was messing around trying to find a good way to shoot the snowy trees and was wondering if anyone had some kind of comment.

Thanks for the added images. Love yours photosurfer! (elmo my network did not pull yours down I will comment when I can see it.) Also photosurfer if you click the more tab at the top of your posts you can edit them and then you don't have to post twice =). Finally I would agree this time of year is not really all that great. It is pretty but I would happily trade pretty for about 50 degrees.

Too bad you haven't had snow Dan. It really came down here all night and it is snowing again now.

Thanks for the

Samuel

We don't get much snow in Santa Barbara... Just a little on the mountaintops every 3 years or so...

I live in Phoenix AZ...

What is snow?

A winter picture from Norway. Taken at, say, 3 pm, in semi-darkness

(50D Ef-s17-85, f/5.6, 1/20 s, ISO200 @85mm)

(taken at around -18&deg;C)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming
    I know that usually it is best to put one picture up at a time on this Image Critique page, but because I took these all at the same time and they are somewhat related I thought that it would be ok to post them together.

Great shot. I like the complementary Blue/Orange color. Nice composition. I would suggest cloaning out the bottom left corner.