Thread: Magazine cover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magazine cover

<span>I have been shooting a lot of sports lately and I would like to
    offer magazine covers and baseball cards as a print option.<span> Is there a simple way to take my image and
    insert/overlay it on another pre-made image.<span> I currently only use Canon DPP for post
    processing but I recently started testing Lightroom 3 (beta).<o></o>

<span>Also, maybe a separate thread here, since I shoot action shots I am
    having a difficult time getting parents to go out to the web site to view the photos to purchase.<span> I&rsquo;m missing the
    impulse buy at the game.<span> I give out the
    business cards, offer a free 5x7 with any purchase, I offer a 5% discount with
    the purchase of 3 item, etc.<span> I&rsquo;m open to
    suggestions.

This photo was sharp enough that when printed (16x20) you could read the words on the ball and on his shorts. In the full image you could see also see the how the grass around the young man falls out of focus.

Canon 50D, 70-200 2.8 @153mm, f/4.0, 1/2000

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.35.86/FI_2D00_Photo.jpg[/img]

Re: Magazine cover

You might want to try a more full-featured photo editing solution like GIMP (free) or Photoshop (not free).

Re: Magazine cover

I use Zenfolio and it supplies options for basebal cards and other specialty items. It has a great deal of flexibility in setting prices and has allowed me to offer more specialty items than otherwise possible. I think this may be a simpler solution than purchasing sports related actions for photoshop. Check out www.zenfolio.com and see if it meets your needs.