Thread: Review Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Review Suggestions

I have bought almost all me lenses after reading the reviews you posted.

I like this site a lot because of the no-frills reviews.

I have been using a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DG HSM and I like it a lot. I would like you to write a review about this. I would like to hear what you think about it.

I alse would like to read a review about the Sigma 150-500 f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for this extremely useful site.

Re: Review Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioTrindade
    I have been using a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DG HSM and I like it a lot. I would like you to write a review about this. I would like to hear what you think about it.

It would be interesting to see how it compares to Canon's offering, as I don't think anyone would buy both the Canon and the Sigma to do their own reviews.

i suggest a review for the sigma 100-300, sigma 300 2.8, and maybe some sigma camers only for xuriosity reasons lol Never knew if they were even decent[:P]

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the suggestions - I appreciate them and definitely consider them as I plot my course.

FWIW, I have the 150-500 OS. Roger at LensRentals.com helped me acquire this lens along with the 120-400 OS. Unfortunately, Roger had many problems with both of these lenses right out of the box (he ordered many copies of each model) and even hand-picking the best of each for me, the 120-400 was unacceptably mis-calibrated. I kept the 150-500, but it is not properly calibrated at the wide end. I kept the lens only because I didn't think I could get a better model.

I keep an open mind, but Sigma lens focus problemshave cost me a lot of time and caused me a lot of frustration. They have a lot of potential - and on a more positive note, the Sigma 18-250 OS Lens I was using yesterday seems to be focusing properly.

MP - Thanks for your suggestions!

May I ask why Tokina is not covered? I consider their at-x line superior to that of Tamron and Sigma.

Ehcalum - Time is the only reason for the lack of Tokina reviews. Thanks for the suggestion- I'll keep Tokina in mind going forward.

Hey Brian.

The siteis an awesome resource for us Canon shooters. I appreciate the efforts you put in to make it happen.

I'd also like to see Tokina lenses covered if you are so inclined. I keep hearing good things about the 11-16 f2.8 and 50-135 f2.8 and both are glass I'd consider purchasing. Your review of them would be beneficial to those of us considering Tokina products. Let's face it, I love my various L glass but money is always an issue. Tokina might be an option, who knows?