Thread: For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen....

For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen, and anyone else who can imagine the feeling, you'll appreciate one person's reaction to the situation. Since this poor victim lost his Canon gear, I figured it was appropriate for this forum.

Word of warning, if you are sensitive to the use of strong language, do not follow the link...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/1612563385.html

Re: For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen....

I agree, if they ever steal my old film camera (Canon EOS 650), they can do whatever they want with it, but it would be nice to get the rolls back.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanKing

For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen, and anyone else who can imagine the feeling, you'll appreciate one person's reaction to the situation. Since this poor victim lost his Canon gear, I figured it was appropriate for this forum.

Word of warning, if you are sensitive to the use of strong language, do not follow the link...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/1612563385.html

Bryan, Thanks for the post and "colorful reading" I think this would some up most of our feelings if our gear was stolen. I couldn't help but appreciate hearing the words "Canon AE1" one more time. That was my first camera, and I bought it new when it was the top-o-the-line consumer level SLR--Hmm, Perhaps I am dating myself.

Bob
    Bob

Correction: "Sum" up
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BryanKing
    For anyone who has ever had a camera stolen, and anyone else who can imagine the feeling, you'll appreciate one person's reaction to the situation.

I have never had a camera stolen but Ihave had film lost by a Walmart employee that I brought in for processing. It was ofmy son's 9th birthday and if that wasn't bad enough it was the last birthday my mother was able to attend. A few weeks later she passed away. The day after her funeral is when I went to pick up the photos & they told me they had lost them. Then they had the nerve to offer me a free roll of film and processing!! I think this craigslist listing is mild compared to what came out of my mouth at that moment!

Denise