Thread: MPIX is simply outstanding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MPIX is simply outstanding

There have been several discussions lately regarding commercial printers, So I thought I would share my recent "first" experience with MPIX.

My wife had asked me to have one of my photos printed, framed and matted. So I thought i would order through my own Zenfolio account to see what any potential customers would experience if they were to order here. So I did. Friday night (4 days ago) I ordered this print in 16x20, color corrected, framed and matted. I rec'd it today and all I can say is "WOW", I am so impressed with the quality of the print, the frame and the matting---this is really studio quality carftsmanship---Even the glass was absolutley spotless---They are so good, they even made one of my less than favorite shots look great-When I ordered it, I was concerned about allowing color correction because this was a sunset shot and the colors were critical. Also, My monitor is old and fairly low end and even though I calibrate, I wasn't sure what I would get; but MPIX did it absolutely perfectly.

Summary (out of 5 possible stars)

Ease of order-[*][*][*][*][*]

Speed of Delivery[*][*][*][*][*]

Quality of packaging[*][*][*][*][*]

Quality of print[*][*][*][*][*]

Quality of color correction[*][*][*][*][*]

Quality of matting[*][*][*][*][*]

Quality of Frame and assembly[*][*][*][*][*]

Overall[*][*][*][*][*]

So, If you are looking to have someone print your work and frame your work, give MPIX a try. I am confident you will be happy.

Bob

Bob

Re: MPIX is simply outstanding

Thanks for sharing, Bob! Mpix is the lab I use and recommend. I've ordered a variety of products from them, and been very pleased with the outcome. Denise shared her experience with AdoramaPix and their excellent customer service (facilitated by Adorama's 'ambassador' Helen via Sean Setters), where there was a problem with her first attempt at a gallery wrap and they rapidly addressed the issue. Great customer support when there's an issue is wonderful...but my experience with Mpix is that it's beenright the first time,every time. I'll take that over a bend-over-backwards remediation any day.

I

Bob

In one of the previous threads, I thought I read you own the Pixma pro9500. I may be wrong and if I am just forget this question.

But I was wondering how the quality of the print compares to what the Pixma can do. I have the mark II and when using the Fine Art Photo Rag paper it produces some awesome pictures with that 3D look.

So if your that impressed I have to assume it is on par with that kind of IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

Bob

In one of the previous threads, I thought I read you own the Pixma pro9500. I may be wrong and if I am just forget this question.

But I was wondering how the quality of the print compares to what the Pixma can do. I have the mark II and when using the Fine Art Photo Rag paper it produces some awesome pictures with that 3D look.

So if your that impressed I have to assume it is on par with that kind of IQ.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Your right, I do own the 9500 (older one) and it prints very nicely, impressive even. Unfortunately, the 13x19 is hard to frame unless you go custom and the cost of the ink kills me. SInce I didn't print this particular shot on the canon, I can't really say which is best---but my gut tells me that MPIX would do better, at least for me. I have not jumped into printer calibration so I am not really sure just how good the canon can be---but for the base price and convenience---I am going to MPIX for my serious printing needs. Just for the record, When I bought my printer I also ordered a box of 20 13x19 canon glossy paper. I have nine (9) sheets left. I have gone through the ink that came with the printer, a refill and now I need another refill in order to print. The ink for the canon costs in excess of $110 dollars for an entirecartridge set. So for the mere price of $220 plus the cost of the paper, I have generated 11 13x19 prints---half of which I threw away because of my own poor printing skills. This comes out to about $20 per print + the cost of the paper ($2). So, 1 print costs me 22 dollars and some frustration andfrequent dissatisfaction. The cost of one MPIX 16x20 color print is $16 +$6 s/h. You just have to be willing to wait 4 days to get your product.

Assuming you make no mistakes and have no "re-prints" you can home print for about the same price as commercial---I am just not that good.

My personal opinion, MPIX can easily match or exceed the quality of the 9500 for about the same price if not less.

Bob
    Bob

Bob

My recommendation on the 9500. Loose the glossy paper. The glossy prints off the newer version of the 9500 are just so so. Get a small package of the Fine Art Photo Rag paper that Canon makes and try and see the diffrence. It took me almost 7 months to learn this lesson. The first one I printed off of the art paper was awesome. I thought I had found the holy grail of printing that day.

You sure don