Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello everyone please critique this idea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hello everyone please critique this idea.

My old account garzacapitalist has be deactivated, so here i go again. i like the b&w's they are easier! there many things i should have done, but for now here is my best,hand held,flashed,and obviously untouched!

Re: hello everyone please critique this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SalazarGarza3

My old account garzacapitalist has be deactivated,

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I wonder why. Could there have been any reason for your previous account to be deactivated.

Having said that. when I look at these examples and some of your previous pictures that you posted with your old account, I honestly cannot figure out what exactly it is that you're trying to accomplish. Don't take offense to this, but what I see has the appearance of someone with too much time on their hands who doesn't get out into the world and is bored just looking for something to point and shoot a camera at.

Sorry I don't mean to seem so harsh or critical, but I don't like it. I'm no expert and don't even consider myself a photographer, just a hobbyist. Nevertheless, IMHO, this to me is not art nor photography.

Hi SalazarGarza3...

Please do not take offence to tkerr - he means well, this is probably the only forum where feedback is on the positive side as he has provided many times over as well as others. If this were any other forum such as the DPreview forum, you would have been *shread to pieces*.

Try to get out and begin photographing the world around you. You would be surprised what you will find.

Here is one, inside via flash, the flash was aimed at the ceiling with ambient lighting:

Am I proand would I pretend to be one - hell no!

Edit: "You may wish to peruse the *photostreams or photo-links* of forum members to get an idea on how those images where captured."

Opportunities abound!

Merry New Year!
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

I will have to agree with tkerr, and will try to be constructive as well. I have seen others provide encouraging feedback and directing you to sources of study. They have also provided their critique and tips on improving your endeavors. My impression is that this has fallen on deaf ears. Stop swooning over this or that expensive piece of hardware and start paying attention to the critiques you receive. Review all the other successful photographs (that have received high praise) and study to see why they were so praiseworthy. Purchase instructional textbooks on photography (and not on photographic equipment), or enroll in courses at your local community colleges or centers. You may discover that you can learn a tremendous amount about photography without ever picking up a camera! So if you are truly interested in photography and not just collecting fancy hardware, make that effort to STOP, LOOK, LISTEN and ABSORB. Hope this helps.

All 2 of my accounts are considered deactivated until i rest password, so i guess that means goodbye everyone. i guess i stepped out of line with my many lame reply

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmojo

I will have to agree with tkerr, and will try to be constructive as well. I have seen others provide encouraging feedback and directing you to sources of study. They have also provided their critique and tips on improving your endeavors. My impression is that this has fallen on deaf ears. Stop swooning over this or that expensive piece of hardware and start paying attention to the critiques you receive. Review all the other successful photographs (that have received high praise) and study to see why they were so praiseworthy. Purchase instructional textbooks on photography (and not on photographic equipment), or enroll in courses at your local community colleges or centers. You may discover that you can learn a tremendous amount about photography without ever picking up a camera! So if you are truly interested in photography and not just collecting fancy hardware, make that effort to STOP, LOOK, LISTEN and ABSORB. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmojo

@DG, I dont collect fancy hardware, i actually spent about 2300 total for all of this via ebay! if that is fancy and expensive blame Canon for robbing me blind while exchanging my cash for their fantastic equipment! i work hard,and my wife works 100x harder so we can enjoy whatever we feel needed! hell we even donate whatever we dont use including spare money weird huh? our home is ours,our bills are paid,our children have savings accounts mostly stock,we have savings as well, we dont buy what is not needed but we dont skimp either,we dont vacation outside the US sadly,we dont over or under indulge, but we have as much fun as legally allowed! no of us smoke,drink in excess, or have any huge gambling addictions other than posting on these forums,and buying fancy gear good luck to you and yours and happy New Year to everyone! if i am out of line here I apologize, and i will troll some place else,while learning not to use AND to much!

Hi Salazar...

I hope you understand that we are all not chasing you from these forums. We are just trying to assist where we can by providing both positive and negative feedback where required. We are human and as such by nature we do not like to be told negative things about personal work performed albeit photography or not.

Personally speaking I would rather have someone tell me the truth about a critique than lie about it.

As for your circumstances at home, I do wish you and your family the best and hope that everything works out.

No need to signoff for good, you may find that there may be a time when you will need to post a query of some sort in the near future.

Remember, The world
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Hi Salazar, I liked the first picture in this post! Don

you caught me i have huge amounts of time simply because my job requires me to spend time at home caring for my children,one who is constantly sick,the other who is a teenage drama queen im an at home father which many may consider not an actual occupation, but i love it,and in my spare time i sell stuff for cash for my goodies. im glad my wife works and is paid very well, so i can enjoy this "spare time" as you put it. i cant always go outside so that is why i utilize whatever i find at home. thank you for your words of wisdom,and have a good new year!

Quote Originally Posted by SalazarGarza3

you caught me i have huge amounts of time simply because my job requires me to spend time at home caring for my children,one who is constantly sick,the other who is a teenage drama queen im an at home father which many may consider not an actual occupation, but i love it,and in my spare time i sell stuff for cash for my goodies. im glad my wife works and is paid very well, so i can enjoy this "spare time" as you put it. i cant always go outside so that is why i utilize whatever i find at home. thank you for your words of wisdom,and have a good new year!

Currently I am unemployed and now a stay at home grandfather with all kinds of time to spend with my baby grand daughter. She makes a great (very challenging) photographic subject!
    Try some portrait photography with your children.

If for whatever reason you cannot get yourself outdoors to take pictures of nature, i.e. scenery, animals and birds, or even cloud formations, then try your hands at some lightbox photography. Build yourself a DIY lightbox. look at things other people are shooting and how they are doing it. Try to make some sense in what you are shooting.