Thread: Compare them all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Compare them all

I'm looking for to pick one of xxxDs. [H]

I have marked the key differences from canon comparison tool.

So how important those differences are?

My pocket suits for 500D or 1100D and pushing it a bit hard I can reach 550D but new features in 600D
    are tempting me to wait for some more time. Currently I own a PS A530 (Many years old, I lost the count [:S])

And above all ignoring the resolution difference how 1100D compares with 500D and 550D?

Thanks all for your time [pi]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/7/4111.Clipboard01.gif[/img]

Re: Compare them all

The 550d/t2i is the best value, the 600d/t3i has the same IQ with a few bells and whistles. The biggest upgrade is the flip screen. If you really like the flip screen for an extra $100 the 60D is a much better camera overall. I have the 60D and the flip screen is a nice feature, but I

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

I agree that the 550d is the best value of the lot, and the best choice unless you are really trying to save money then the 1100d will be worth considering. I would get the 550d over the 600d. Flipscreen may be nice but in my opinion its not an important enough feature for the extra money. but that's for you to decide if its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    for an extra $100 the 60D is a much better camera overall

This is true but that would be just the 60d body only which means an additional lens purchase would be necessary.

I know it
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

thanks for suggestions, I'm personally Inclined to 550D/T2i but also wait till 1100D review comes up.

Savings made on 1100D can be used to buy 50/1.8 or additional flash

also I found some feature differences
    I do not fully understand how important these features are and also how often you find them useful while shooting?

So I want to hear from you

I mark thedifferenceshere

Thanks again

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/7/8255.key_5F00_diff.gif[/img]

Most of the differences are because the 600D lists a more dietailed description of the feature. The only things that are different are,

-1 ISO performace is better on the 550D and 600D, both the 550D and 600D have the same sensor and noise levels.

-2 Metering of the exposure is the better on the 550D and 600D, both have the same metering.

-3 Exposure compensation is 5 stops +/- on the 550D and 600D vs 3 stop +/- for the 500D.

Everything else on this list are the same or virtually the same. Take a look at Bryan's (creator of this site) reviews on these cameras if you haven't already. His reviews are far more through and helpfull than this list which just confuses most people who do not know all the camera lingo.

Here are the links just to make it easier for you,

T1i review www.the-digital-picture.com/.../Canon-EOS-Rebel-T1i-500D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx

T2i review www.the-digital-picture.com/.../Canon-EOS-Rebel-T2i-550D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx

T3i review www.the-digital-picture.com/.../Canon-EOS-Rebel-T3i-600D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Review.aspx

60D review www.the-digital-picture.com/.../Canon-EOS-60D-DSLR-Camera-Review.aspx

Hope that helps,

John.