Thread: Software to erase man

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Software to erase man

I am wondering if there is any software out there that canerase any trace of man (humans, telephone poles, etc...) that is cheap? I know $$$$photoshop can, but are there any basic versions out there that can do this? I was going through my 30 or so tern photos and all are good but the one I chose to hang up on my wall of course had a man walking down the beach. Please tell me there is something I can buy with a tight wallet that I can ALLA-CAZAAAM him out of my shot.

Thank you

Re: Software to erase man

If it's just for one photo, I am willing to give it a try for you.

I have no clue if there's any other, cheap or free, program that has this option.

Jan

So I read the post title, and I must admit my *second* thought was Photoshop

They offer unlimited 'free' trials if you're willing to wipe your hard disc and reinstall windows every month, and don't making a few extra email addresses and fake names. extra hdds and/or virtual machines / extra partitions are your friends.

(although i'm fairly sure that's all illegal and against their Terms of Use...)

My second thought would have been the photoshop video:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvxlfBW96k]

but my first thought was this pic:

[View:http://pleatedjeans.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/george-costanza-photo.jpg]

"You airbrushed out the wrong guy!!"
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

There is a free plugin for GIMP (also free), called resynthesizer (now also known as heal selection). It doesn't work on large res images, but once downsized for the web it works okay. I'm sure Photoshop would be better. The Windows version of GIMP doesn't work with most of the versions of the plugin, but I eventually managed to find one that worked. Whether it actually works better on non-Windows versions of GIMP, I don't know.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Paint Shop Pro has a "Smart Carver" that may work for you. It's not free but it's cheap. They do have free trials. I have both versions Ultimate X2 & X3 but I don't have them on my computer anymore since I bought Photoshop. Otherwise, I would post a comparison done in Photoshop & Paint Shop Pro.

<cite class="kvm"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93L5yLAaCFc]www.youtube.com/watch?v=93L5yLAaCFc[/url]</cite>

<cite class="kvm"]</cite>www.corel.com/.../index.jsp

Denise