Thread: Car Show Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Car Show Photos

Here are a number of shots I took today at a car show. i tried on most of them to capture some sort of nostalgia or "dated" effect in post. Some work for me & some not so much.

I know there are quite a few here and I will probably add more as I go thru them all. My city has a number of car shows through-out the summer especially since we had an AMC/Chrysler Plant here for many decades. This show was for any make/model of car and is the biggest we put on annually.

All comments welcomed and appreciated!

#12 - And this is Gus, a new friend I made at the show []

Thanks for looking!

Denise

Re: Car Show Photos

That looks like a big block on that last one.

Great shots Denise, well done. The streets there have that "back to the future" feel about them matches well with the vintage of the car. I
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

I like the "post card" look on number 9 and like cars 6 and 7, what colour are they?

Thanks, Steve! I still haven't mastered the B&W conversion as you have! What program do you use to do that with?

"What colour are they"? Do you mean the original colour of the vehicles?

Here are the original photos straight out of the camera other than resizing of numbers 6 & 7. Number 9 above is pretty much the real color that it is.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/5584.IMG_5F00_8394_5F00_3.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/4617.IMG_5F00_8278.JPG[/img]

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Great shots, you got that old photograph feel looking pretty good. I especially like #3 and 7.

My only critique is that I feel like the framing is a bit tight on some of them, noticed the edges of a few of the cars clipped off.

Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography

Great shots, you got that old photograph feel looking pretty good. I especially like #3 and 7.

My only critique is that I feel like the framing is a bit tight on some of them, noticed the edges of a few of the cars clipped off.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks! I'm not fond of the cropping either but the cars were parked so close together and there were so many people it was hard to get a decent shot. It was pretty much crop tight or get an arm or a bumper of the next car in the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    I'm looking for a delorean and a low power line.
    This is the best I have for you, Steve. The guy in the shot refused to move until I stopped shooting! I think he's hoping he'll end up on the cover of some car magazine!

Hi Denise, I
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I tried the trial version of Nik Silver Efex Pro2 and really, really liked it. My intent was to purchase it but saw this one was only $30, I figured with as much b&amp;w I do (which isn

Not a huge fan of the square dark vignette, the white square vig. looks better for the look you