Thread: Carl Zeiss lens reviews ( ZE mount)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carl Zeiss lens reviews ( ZE mount)

I just read Bryan's review of the CZ ZE 85 1.4 Planar. That was a great review being compared to Canon's 2 great 85mm's! How about the CZ ZE 50mm 1.4 Planar & other focal lengths available for Canon? At the moment, I'm drooling over the 50mm 1.4 Planar. But can't decided right now as there are really no reviews as informative as what Bryan does here at this site! I know he's quite busy finishing up other reviews for other lenses especially the newly released ones. Am hoping he finds time doing the above as well.

I'll be saving up on a dedicated macro lens thus keeping my 70-200 2.8L & save also on a 500D close up lens & a 1.4X II. Right now I'm gonna go for an Ef-S focusing screen for my 40D as I want to practice more on focusing manually. I'll be sending my body together with my 24-70 2.8 L for recalibration. (I just feel that its not that tack sharp or maybe its just my sensor limitations). I'm shooting at 1/30th & 1/60th of a second hand held. Probably, that's the main reason why my photos are appearing quite soft at all focal lengths from 24mm-70mm.

Re: Carl Zeiss lens reviews ( ZE mount)

Does anybody here have any experience shooting with the CZ ZE Planar 50mm 1.4? Can you please give me some of your insights?